Some main points from the first month of 2013 (scraps pulled from my journal and additional nuggets):
– New vocabulary words
– Reflection on patience & independence
– $ saving endeavors
– To read: JFK’s Profiles in Courage
– New(ish) Beck song: “Looking for a Sign”
– 30 day drawing challenge
– Handwritten letters to and from dear friends
– Clean pantry and apartment!
– Finished Obama’s The Audacity of Hope
– Funny evening with family, jokes, colors, feelings, and green peppers
– Confusion leading to improved communication and mini-personal breakthrough
– “Les Miserables” in Newton
– “Zero Dark Thirty” date and investigating that whole issue…
– The Chef (of course) with hugs from cute waitress
– Kissing & more!
– Canceled doctor’s appoinments #boo
– Plane ticket-buying and journey-planning!
– Weird dreams
– Oboe recital featuring handcrafted oboe reeds
– Walks with dogs and friends
– Post-it notes
– Girly craft time resulting in countless new inside jokes
– A lot of sportsball
– Tallgrass Brewery!
– #so #many #of #these
– Making February goals so February doesn’t suck
Trying to appreciate each hour, day, and week. This is a work in progress.
Bakes (the one and only)
1. There are so many things that you learn in your twenties that they cannot be simplified and compiled into a list of “10” or “15 lessons you learn in your 20s.” That is stupid.
The bad thing is just that people kind of suck sometimes. I need to remember that I have an overwhelming amount of WONDERFUL people in my life compared to those that are just silly and flaky and kind of dumb. I am a pretty great friend, and a smart gal (at least I keep telling myself that, because I’m pretty sure it’s true) and the people who don’t appreciate that or dis me are just not worth my time. I suppose that could sound fairly conceited, but that is not my intent. I appreciate myself and so should others. I appreciate those around me and usually without discrimination. Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt.*
The good things are the prospects of movin’ and shakin’. Things are looking up for me in the way of traveling around this country. Atlantic Ocean in March. LA, Oregon, and the Pacific Ocean in April. It’s going to be a wonderful year. More doin’, less thinkin’ about it. That is all for right now. I probably could have written this in my journal. That is ok. Sometimes thoughts need to pour out into word-form when you don’t have your journal around.
*Until they abuse it.